Thursday, September 15, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 September 15

And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
(Job 42:10)

Today’s Morsel:  I’m sure most people find it somewhat hard to pray for people who have mistreated them, wronged them, or said things against them that they knew were not true.  Yet Jesus tells us to pray for them as vengeance is His and He will repay.  We have to learn not to respond in kind, but respond the way that Jesus tells us.  After the trials and facing the critical jury that Job went through with his friends, they left him in a sad state without any comfort.  God, seeing the evil approach of this evil jury, stepped in to defend Job.  He told Job’s friends, “My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath. Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job (Emphasis mine). So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went, and did according as the LORD commanded them: the LORD also accepted Job” (Job 42:7-9).  WOW!  Can you imagine having to eat that humble pie.  God has a way of doing that you know.  He told them to go to Job so Job could pray for them.  I wonder if Job was reluctant to pray for them?  No matter how others may treat us or what things they may say against us, from the Cross Jesus still sends back a prayer, “Father forgive them for they know not what they do!”

Sing: To be Like Jesus! To be like Jesus! On earth I long to be like Him.  All through life's journey, from earth to glory, I only ask to be like Him.

Thought For Today:  Prayer still works!

No comments:

Post a Comment