Friday, August 5, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 August 5

And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
(Isaiah 12:1-3)

Today’s Morsel:  Isaiah 12 is a portrait of John 4.  When Jesus told the woman at the well that He would be in her a well of water springing up unto eternal life, He was referring to Him being her salvation. Isaiah said that you don’t need a bucket to draw water from this well, all you need is joy.  If we get excited about Jesus and begin to praise Him and exalt Him, we can get the pump primed and the waters of salvation flowing.  If we will all enter His gates with thanksgiving and come into His courts with praise, everyone can get their buckets filled.

Sing: Drinking at the springs of living water. Happy now am I, my soul they satisfy, Drinking at the springs of living water, O’ wonderful and bountiful supply.


Thought For Today:  Joy can get you a bucket full of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment