Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 August 24

Oh that I might have my request; and that God would grant me the thing that I long for! (Job 6:8)

Today’s Morsel: If you knew that God would grant your request, what would you ask of Him?  I’m sure many would ask for long life, finances, good health, or protection.  Solomon had this opportunity. And he only asked God for wisdom to lead his people.  God told him because he didn’t ask for riches and the other things but for wisdom, that he would not only receive wisdom, but other things as well.  Job wanted God to grant him the things that he longed for.  He wanted to be free of his pain and suffering, I believe.  What would be your request?  Would it be for earthly possessions or health or comfort?  Or would it be for eternal salvation?  “And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast: The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus” (John 12:20-21).  I don’t know about you, but I want to see Jesus.

Sing:  Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning!  Give me oil in my lamp I pray.  Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning; keep me burning till the break of day.

Thought For Today: I want to see Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment