Thursday, August 4, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 August 4

Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry. And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus. The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments. (2 Timothy 4:9-13)

Today’s Morsel:  Do you ever reach points of loneliness?  One of the things about leadership is that it sometimes gets lonely at the top.  For a lot of minister’s wives, this can happen at any moment.  I think this may be why we are told to make friends and to be sure of our friends. Jesus always sent His disciples out by two. Paul found himself often in jail or in some dungeon lonely and without someone to talk to.  He wrote to Timothy, “Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me: For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Take Mark, and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministry. And Tychicus have I sent to Ephesus. The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou comest, bring with thee, and the books, but especially the parchments.”  He wanted some company.  There were times that Paul wanted to go on and be with Jesus, but he felt that the need to continue ministering the gospel was better.  What lonely people can you think of right now?  Do you consider sending them a letter, text, or making a phone call to them?  Rest assured, if God lays someone on your heart, He wants you to contact them and/or pray for them. You may never know what others are facing. The key to combating loneliness is communication.

Sing:  Jesus is here right now reach out and touch him. Jesus is here right now yours to receive. Jesus is standing near ready your heart to cheer, Jesus is here right now only believe.

Thought For Today: The key to combating loneliness is communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment