Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 August 23

And it came to pass after these things, that Naboth the Jezreelite had a vineyard, which was in Jezreel, hard by the palace of Ahab king of Samaria. And Ahab spake unto Naboth, saying, Give me thy vineyard, that I may have it for a garden of herbs, because it is near unto my house: and I will give thee for it a better vineyard than it; or, if it seem good to thee, I will give thee the worth of it in money. And Naboth said to Ahab, The LORD forbid it me, that I should give the inheritance of my fathers unto thee. (1 Kings 21:1-3)

Today’s Morsel: I believe that Esau did not see his birthright as an inheritance but only as something nice to have.  And scripture lets us know that when he sought for it with tears he couldn’t find it.  He had let it go for nothing.  Naboth did not see the vineyard that his father had given him just as a vineyard for gathering grapes and making wine, but he saw it as an inheritance. He saw it as an heirloom.  Something that his father had worked hard to produce and hand down to him.  He saw it as something of special value handed on from one generation to another.  Let me ask you a question?  How much do you value the things that your parents have handed down to you?  What about the things that God has given to you?  Do you see them just as a vineyard or do you see them as an inheritance?  Do you cherish them?  

Sing:  The blood that Jesus shed for me, way back on Calvary, it’s the blood that gives me strength from day to day, it will never lose its power.  For it reaches, to the highest mountain, and it flows to the lowest valley, it’s the blood, that gives me strength, from day to day, it will never lose its power.

Thought For Today: How important is your spiritual inheritance to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment