Friday, August 26, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 August 26

My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
(Psalms 62:5)

Today’s Morsel:  Most people have a low tolerance level when it comes to waiting.  With today’s bottle neck of traffic in many cities, people are losing patience.  What patience says in a traffic jam is wait, this too shall come to pass. What have you prayed and asked God for? Have you asked for better health?  A better job?  Salvation for a loved one or a friend?  A better home environment?  The psalmist said that his expectation is from the Lord and so he will wait on Him.  Jesus said that if we ask we would receive.  Now that you have asked, can you wait for Him to come through for you?  If our expectations are from the Lord, then we must learn how to wait.

Sing:  I lean on You Lord! I lean on You Lord! For the things that I need I lean on You. When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going to see me through.  You supply my every need and I lean on You.

Thought For Today: Expect the expectancy (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment