Saturday, May 10, 2014

2014 May 10 - Morning Manna



Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: (Amos 8:11)
 
Today's Morsel: Has anyone ever asked you what your favorite scripture is?  Can you quote it by heart?  I once asked a young man what his favorite scripture was.  And because he didn't know, he told me the whole Bible. I said,  "Well quote it for me!"  I believe that every believer should have a favorite verse that encourages them, guides them, and helps them when things aren't going as they had planned in their life.   Paul said, "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope" (Romans 15:4).  The Lord told Amos, "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD."  It has been stated that between the writing of the Old and New Testaments, there were 400 years of silence where the people did not hear from God.  What would you have done?  I have known some of our military members who have found themselves in places where there was not a church or anyone to preach the word to them, and because many of them had no word stored in their hearts, they became cold and fell away from God.  We never know where  or when there may be a famine of the word. So let's prepare now.
 
Sing:  Tell me the story on Jesus, write on my heart every word.  Tell me the story most precious, sweetest that ever was heard.  Tell how angels, in chorus sang as they welcomed His birth, Glory to God in the highest! Peace and good tidings to earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment