Friday, August 23, 2013

2013 August 23 - Morning Manna

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)
 
Today's Morsel: They say that of the kids who participate in Bible quizzing, 99% of them remain in the church. Because they are required to memory scripture the Word is being hidden in their hearts and it will not return void. Sometimes I like to ponder on the things that my parents taught me when I was young. A lot of those things keep me on the right path and prevent me from making wrong decisions and making wrong actions. When we can remember right from wrong, it can also prevent hardships and unwarranted circumstances. Paul told the church at Corinth that if they kept in memory the things that he had preached to them, they would remain saved. Think about that for a moment. There is no doubt that when people stop doing the right things they were taught, they end up in trouble or backslide from the ways and things of God. God isn't willing that any should perish but that all would be saved. I believe that some folks think that they are always saved. But Paul lets us know that unless you keep in memory the Gospel, you aren't going to be saved. "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you" (Philippians 4:8-9). When you spend quality time memorizing the Word of God, you will find that it will be there when you need it and it will carry you through those tough times.
Sing: Time is filled with swift transition, naught of earth unmoved can stand; build your hopes on things eternal, hold to God's unchanging hand!
Chorus:Hold to God's unchanging hand! hold to God's unchanging hand! Build your hope on things eternal, hold to God's unchanging hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment