Friday, August 16, 2013

2013 August 16 - Morning Manna

Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness? And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. (Hebrews 3:7-19)
 
Today's Morsel: Highway signs are to give us warning. They either tell us how fast or how slow we are authorized to drive, where we can and cannot turn, some even warn us of the danger of animals crossing, bumps, curves, and sliding rocks. These signs are to help us stay safe, even though some may see them as a hindrance The writer of Hebrews gives us a warning sign. He said that we must not harden our hearts as Israel did when God gave them warnings not to do the things that the other people were doing in the land. He said because they hardened their hearts and did not obey the warning signs given them, they were not allowed to enter into the promised land. Someone said that we gain wisdom by not doing what others do that is wrong, while at the same time seeing what they do that is right and doing it. If you miss heaven, rest assured you didn't obey a warning sign from the Word of God or the minister of God. Just because one driver speeds and gets away with it, or they make an illegal U-Turn, it does not mean that if you do the same thing you won't get caught and be punished. Heed the warnings signs from God. Eternity in hell is a long time.
Sing: I'll say yes, Lord yes, to Your will and to Your way, I'll say yes Lord, yes, I will trust You and obey, when Your Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I'll agree, and my answer will be yes, Lord, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment