Wednesday, August 14, 2013

2013 August 14 - Morning Manna

I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.
(Psalms 119:113)
 
Today's Morsel: Have you ever stopped to consider just how many thoughts are running through your mind? Isn't it amazing the amount of information and data that passes through our eyes and ears that go into the brain for us to process. But the psalmist lets us know that not all of those thoughts are good ones. He said, I hate vain thoughts. If you are like me, you can be thinking on good things, reading your Bible, and out of nowhere comes a worthless or evil thought. If we aren't careful, we can begin to focus on them and forget all the good thoughts we were thinking about. Even Paul knew that our minds can sometime get side tracked. And so he tells us, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you" (Philippians 4:6-9). Wouldn't it be neat if all our thoughts could be good? But since they aren't, we must allow the law of the Lord to be our focus point as that is the only thing that will convert the soul. And we must keep hating worthless thoughts as they will gender to no good.
 
Sing: I've got my mind made up to serve the Lord, I've got my mind made up to see the Lord, I've got my mind made up to serve the Lord; I've got my mind made up to serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment