Thursday, August 8, 2013

2013 August 8 - Morning Manna

Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words. At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
(2 Timothy 4:14-18).
 
Today's Morsel: There are those people that you know you can depend on, and then there are those who you cannot. Paul found this to be true in his ministry, but he said that Jesus stood with him. I believe that we should all understand this. How many times have we heard that God will not leave us nor forsake us? In this life, there are going to be those that will withstand you and will try to do you harm because they aren't kingdom minded, and there will be those who will stand with you. When people are kingdom minded, they will rejoice with you, help you, stand with you, and weep with you. But if they aren't, evil will proceed them the same as Alexander the coppersmith did to Paul; or depart from you as Demas did. But David's psalms show us that God won't leave us, nor forsake us. If the things written afore were for our example and learning, then we need to heed the advice given and be prepared for those who depart and for those who stand.
Sing: He leadeth me! He leadeth me! By His own hand He leadeth me; His faithful follower, I will be, for by His hand He leadeth me.

1 comment:

  1. INCLUSIVE SALVATION

    Who are those who are included in salvation? All men who believe and obey what the apostle Peter preached on the Day of Pentecost are saved. It does not make any difference what denominational name is written on the church building where you worship, if you obey the gospel preached by Peter, then, you are saved, you are a member of the Lord's church, you are part of the church of Christ, you a member of the body of Christ, you are a Christian.

    What did Peter preach?
    1. Peter preached that Jesus was a miracle worker. (Acts 2:22)
    2. Peter preached that Jesus was resurrected from the dead by God the Father.(Acts 2:24-35)
    3. Peter preached that Jesus was both Lord and Christ.(Acts 2:36)
    When the three thousand believe Peter, they asked "What shall we do?"(Acts 2:37)
    4. Peter told them to repent and be baptized in order to have their sins forgiven.(Acts 2:38)

    This is the same message Jesus preached. (Mark 16:16 "He who believes and is baptized will be saved....)

    THE TERMS FOR PARDON ARE: Faith-John 3:16, Repentance-Acts 2:38, Confession-Romans 10:9-10, Baptism (immersion in water) 1 Peter 3:21

    All who meet the terms for pardon are saved regardless of the denominational name on the church building.



    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG. Google search>>>>>steve finnell a christian view

    ReplyDelete