Friday, June 7, 2013

2013 June 7 - Morning Manna

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
(Revelation 20:12-15)
Today's Morsel: I can remember in the army when I was first selected to Sergeant First Class. I didn't think that I would be promoted that year because I was not in the primary zone for consideration. And so, really, I was not looking for my name to be on the list of those selected that year for promotion. But as I was standing in formation waiting for instructions before we headed off to class, another member said to me, "Hey Bubba", did you see that your name is on the promotion list?" I said, "You are kidding, right." He told me, no, you have a line number of promotion. And when I went in to check, sure enough, my name was there on the list of those selected.
John said that he saw a book open in heaven and whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. This is where I really want my name to be written, in the Lamb's book of life. This is the promotion list that I want to be found on. I just can't wait to hear Jesus say, "Well done thy good and faithful servant." Will your name be found there? If you have been born again of the water and the spirit and you are living and walking according to God's word, you should find your name written there. What a celebration that will be, when we hear Him call out our name as one of those selected to reign with Him for eternity.
Sing: Lord, I care not for riches, neither silver nor gold; I would make sure of heaven, I would enter the fold. In the book of Thy kingdom, with its pages so fair, tell me, Jesus, my Saviour, is my name written there?
Is my name written there, on the pages white and fair? In the book of Thy kingdom, is my name written there?

No comments:

Post a Comment