Wednesday, June 19, 2013

2013 June 19 - Morning Manna

Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely. The LORD doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel. He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names. (Psalms 147:1-4)
 
Today's Morsel: Scientists tell us that there are billions and billions of stars in our galaxy. I will be honest with you, even in all my study in school, I can only possibly name of few of them that I was taught. But who knows if they are the right names. The psalmist said that God knows every one of them by name. WOW! This is only a tip of the iceberg of the things that God knows. Scripture also tells us that God knows the number of hairs on our heads. "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered" (Matthew 10:30). God is omniscience. There isn't anything that He does not know. As he told Nathanael, "Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee" (John 1:48). King David said, "O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether"(Psalms 139:1-4). There isn't anything hidden from God. He knows all things. And because He knows all things, there is no reason for us to fear or fret because He knows the things that we have need of before we even ask Him.
Sing: Why should I feel discouraged! And why should the shadows come, and why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home; when Jesus is my portion, a constant friend is He, His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
I sing because I'm happy! I sing because I'm free! For His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment