Saturday, June 22, 2013

2013 June 22 - Morning Manna


And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before. (Job 42:10)
 
Today's Morsel: The book of Job is a very interesting book. It's a book of hurt, misunderstanding, and even wisdom. Most of us understand what Job went through and how his so called friends tried to get him to admit to something that he did not do. I guess that's why Solomon instructs us to make sure our friends; as a true friend loveth at all times. I've had many people call me friend and say to others that I was their friend, but that friendship seemed to dissipate if I did something they didn't like or disagreed with them. This seems to be the issue with Job and his friends. But the Bible says that God turned the captivity of Job, after he prayed for his friends. May I ask you a question? Is what you are going through, your hurts, struggles, pain, sickness, or depression because you have called others your friend and said that they were your friend, but now because they have disagreed with you, you haven't asked them for forgiveness or prayed for them? You know, God's ways aren't our ways. It's amazing how God operates. Jesus said that if you know that your brother has something against you, then you should go to him and be reconciled. He didn't say to wait for your brother to come to you (Matthew 5:23-24). But really, if both know they have hurt the other and they both come, they will meet in the middle and be reconciled. Praying for others may not change them, but it will change us. God gave Job twice as much as he had before after he prayed for his friends; there is always a double portion and a double blessing when you will forgive and pray for others.

Sing: I need you, you need me; we're all a part of God's body. Stand with me, agree with me; we're all a part of God's body.
You pray for me, I pray for you, I love you, I need you to survive; I won't hurt you with words of my mouth, I love you, I need you to survive.
It is his will that every need be supplied; you are important to me, I need you to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment