Wednesday, June 5, 2013

2013 June 5 - Morning Manna

"But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content"
(1 Timothy 6:6-8)
Today's Morsel: I have noticed that the enemy of our soul is doing everything in his power to make us humans feel as though we don't have enough. You drive through a drive through and you are asked, "Would you like to go large on your ordered?" It also seems that everyone is trying to make something better to make you think that what you have isn't good enough. Someone asked me if I had a smart phone. I said, "For what, why do I need something that's smarter than me?" Most people that have smart phones are now complaining about them, because they don't know how to use half the programs that are on them; and others are saying, "I wish people would stop texting and tweeting me." This world wants you to think that you don't have enough. So many believers have been drawn into the trap of the enemy and can't get out. People can't shut their phones off in church because they may miss a call, tweet or a text. Some even text to the sound booth to adjust the volume. We pump up the volume because we want people to feel there is more. Paul said, "But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3). He told Timothy, "But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content" If you are one of those that always has to have the latest gadget, you are not content. Always remember, if it's a want, it's lust; if it is a need, then God will supply it.
Sing: I am so satisfied! I am so satisfied! With my Savoir, He means more to me, than anything, anything, that this world, could ever offer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment