Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2012 May 29 - Morning Manna

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them. (Psalms 34:1-7)
Today's Morsel: When we experience deliverance through the power of God, it should be natural for us to praise Him and share the gospel with others. Jesus said, "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:8). If we care about other people who may be suffering as we have or did, then we should not be selfish when it comes to telling them how God delivered us. Boasting about our God and the things that He has done for us and given to us is one kind of boasting and bragging that is good for the soul. This kind of godly boasting will not only encourage others in their overcoming process, but will also strengthen our faith in God.
Sing: I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth; my soul shall make her boast in Thee LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad; O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together; I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment