Monday, May 28, 2012

2012 May 28 - Morning Manna

Lord, how long wilt thou look on? rescue my soul from their destructions, my darling from the lions. I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people. (Psalms 35:17-18)


Today's Morsel: It seems as though the whole world is fighting against the church today. It seems that people only want the church for hand-me-outs and not for salvation and change in their lives. They cry, 'Shut the church down! Christian's are mean!' But when they face hardships and despair, they want the church to come to their rescue and give them handouts. In this Psalm, David expresses feelings of desperation. He felt that God had forgotten him. At times, we too may feel the same way. Especially when it seems that the wicked are prevailing. But when our relief from God comes, we should, like David, rejoice and encourage others who may be feeling the same way we were. We need to tell and show them of God's goodness. We need to keep crying out to God for His wisdom and power to help us continue to do what is right. If we continue to do what is right and those who have stood with us see our progress, they will rejoice with us as we stand in the congregation and tell others about our great and loving God.


Sing: I lean on you Lord! I lean on you Lord! For the things that I need, I lean on You; When I don't know, just what to do, I've got the faith You're gonna see me through, You supply my every need, and I lean onYou.

No comments:

Post a Comment