Tuesday, May 22, 2012

2012 May 22 - Morning Manna

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14)


Today's Morsel: When I was a boy scout, the first line in our motto was, "On my honor I will do my duty to God and my country...." Jesus said, "So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do" (Luke 17:10). What is the duty of man? Solomon said that it is to fear God and keep his commandments. His father David said in Psalms 19:7-10 that the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever. When we reverence God with a pure heart, it keeps our mind, thoughts, and way clean. The worshipper must worship the Father in spirit and in Truth. Truth makes us free. Someone has said that cleanliness is next to godliness. David also said that the commandments of the Lord are pure, enlightening the eyes. Jesus said, "The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these" (Mark 12:29-31). When we exercise love towards God with all our being and love each other as we love ourselves, we are fulfilling the commandments of God and at the same time doing part of our duty. Solomon said that God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Are you fulfilling your duty?


Sing: When He calls me, I will answer. When He calls me, I will hear Him. When He calls me, I will answer, I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.

I'll be somewhere working, I'll be somewhere working, I'll be somewhere working for my Lord. I'll be somewhere working, I'll be somewhere working, I'll be somewhere working for my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment