After this manner he made the ten bases: all of them had one casting, one measure, and one size. (1 Kings 7:37)
Today's Morsel: I noticed that many hat sizes say that one size fits all. Meaning that no matter the size of one's head, the hat will fit. But does one size really fit all? The Bible says that when Hiram was constructing the house of God under King Solomon's leadership, he made ten bases: all of them had one casting, one measure, and one size. They were all the same.
What about when it comes to the church, does one size fit all? Yes, it should fit all. And here's why:
· "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD" (Deuteronomy 6:4)
· "I and my Father are one "(John 10:30).
· "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him"(1 Corinthians 8:6).
· "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all" (Ephesians 4:4-6)
· " For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one" (1 John 5:7-8).
Sing: Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! sweetest name I know, fills my every longing, keeps me singing as I go.