Monday, November 7, 2011

2011 November 7 - Morning Manna

"Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee" (Psalms 143:8)

Today's Morsel: This past spring, I got to hear the birds outside our bedroom window each morning.  Just to hear the sweet sound of a robin singing was always so refreshing.  I sometimes wondered what they were saying, their sound was always so sweet.  The Psalmist said to the Lord, "Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning."  In other words, let the first thing that I hear in the morning be You.  Let me know that Your presence is near me.  Let Your tender mercy and grace awaken me.  Let the soft touch of Your hand touch me that I may awaken with You on my mind and in my heart.  How do you wake in the morning?  Do you wake with overwhelming fear or distress?  Do you wake knowing that your day will be filled with only work or trouble? Or do you wake knowing that your trust is in the Lord and that He will order your steps throughout the day?  Every day that we are awakened, we should see it as the hand of God touching us and awakening us to rejoice in His presences and lovingkindness.

Sing: Thy lovingkindness is better than life. Thy lovingkindness is better than life. My lips shall praise thee, thus will I bless Thee, I will lift my hands unto Thy name.

No comments:

Post a Comment