Tuesday, November 15, 2011

2011 November 15 - Morning Manna

If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well: But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. (James 2:8-9)
Today's Morsel: If someone was to ask you if you have a special preacher that you like to hear speak, who would it be? For me, I have lots of men that I like to hear preach, but I do not idolize them. Many people in the church are spiritual groupies. Some people will follow certain preachers and singers all around the world just to hear them speak or sing, but they will not follow Jesus. I often wonder if it is really the speaking and singing or could there is a lust issue with them? Paul and Apollos even had groupies in their day. To the church at Corinth, Paul wrote, "For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal" (1 Corinthians 3:3-4)? The Apostle Paul wanted all of his followers not to just follow him, but to become imitators of Christ. He said we are nothing but ministers of Christ. Even Jesus had groupies following Him, until He made a comment that they did not like, and then they stopped following Him. James tells us that if we have respect to persons, we commit sin and are convincted of the law as transgressors. It's okay to have our special speakers and singers that we like, but they must not become idols that we think that no one else can compare to them. We should never allow anyone or anything to assume Christ's place in our lives, because only Jesus can satisfy your soul.
Sing: Follow! Follow! I would follow Jesus! Anywhere, everywhere I would follow on! Follow! follow! I would follow Jesus! Everywhere He leads me, I would follow on!

No comments:

Post a Comment