"A Song of degrees of David. I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD" (Psalms 122:1).
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching" (Hebrews 10:25)
Today's Morsel: I don't know about you, but I love attending church. David said he, too, was glad when they said unto him, "Let us go into the house of the LORD." I get excited in every service about what God is doing. When I see the worshippers arise and the sons and daughters of God singing and crying out to God, my heart is filled and overwhelmed with the awesome power and joy of God. Only He can satisfy your soul. If you don't like attending church, let me ask you why? Is there something that you are allowing to come between you and God? Has someone said something that you did not agree with? Well, let me tell you, if you allow someone or something to keep you from the house of God, they are closer to God than you are. Church is about you building a relationship with God and increasing your faith. Let me share with you some ways to have better church:
1. Get up in the morning and anticipate a great service.
2. Plan your day so as not to permit anything to keep you from attending church.
3. Call someone and ask them to come with you.
4. Pick someone up in your car and bring them to service.
5. Prepare your heart and mind with repentance.
6. Arrive early enough to pray before service begins.
7. Greet visitors and members alike with a smile and a handshake.
8. Avoid lengthy conversations, especially about heavy or non-spiritual subjects, before service.
9. Sit as close to the front as you can.
10. Focus on worship.
11. Do not watch the clock.
12. Refuse to allow your mind to wander or become distracted.
13. Don't get up and walk out.
14. Don't allow a thoughtless word or act by someone ruin the service for you.
15. Remain sensitive to the Holy Ghost throughout the service.
16. Continually ask God to apply the Word to your life.
17. Assist people who want to pray at the altar.
18. Thank the minister for the message, both generally and specifically.
19. Determine how you will act differently when you leave the service.
20. Intercede for souls at the close of the message.
21. Always keep your focus on God.
Sing: I was glad when they said unto me, I was glad when they said unto me, I was glad when they said unto me, come let us go into the house of the Lord.