Saturday, May 7, 2011

2011 May 7 - Morning Manna

Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
(2 Timothy 2:1-5)

Today's Morsel:  How goes the war on the front lines?  Are you winning the battle or losing?  I pray that you are winning.  Victory is always determined in our minds, as that is the battlefield.  We will win or lose with how we think and by our actions.  As Solomon said, "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he"(Proverbs 23:7).  When our minds are stayed upon Christ, He keeps us in perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3), and we win.  The enemy of our soul desires to clog our minds with things that have no value.  Things such as evil thoughts, sexual innuendos, ungodly TV programs, internet, and  such things.   Like a clogged up drain, if our minds are clogged by impure and immoral things, our thinking can't flow.  When our minds are clogged with worldliness and affairs of this life, spiritual thinking and spiritual thoughts become hemmed in and we begin to think evil.  We must become good soldiers and ensure that we are not entangling ourselves with the affairs of this life, but present ourselves as good soldiers for Christ.   
  
Sing:  I've got my mind made up to serve the Lord!  I've got my mind made up to serve the Lord! I've got my mind made up to serve the Lord! I've got my mind made up to servce the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment