Friday, May 20, 2011

2011 May 20 - Morning Manna

 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me? Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved. But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
(Psalms 13:1-6)

Today's Morsel:  If you notice when you go to the doctor with an ailment or illness, the first thing they ask is, "How long have you had it."  Maybe they  have a secret formula that we don't know about that they use to determine how many pills they're going to give you based on how long (Smile). How long. When the man came to Jesus to asked him to heal his son who was possessed with a devil, Jesus asked his father,  "How long ago since this came unto him?  And he said, "Of a child"(Mark 9:21).  How long.  Apparently the length has a lot to do with the cure.  Some ailments, determining how long you've had them, may be coming to the end and ready to heal themselves, and so there may be no need to place you on an antibiotic to help cure you.  Because we are fearfully and wonderful made, our bodies are designed to heal themselves over a period of time.  
How long have you been battling your circumstance and dilemma?  How long have you been battling some illness?  How long has it been since you've taken a vacation?  How long has it been since you really worshipped God?  How long has it been since you got yourself a nice hot cup of coffee and just sat down in a comfortable chair and had a one on one talk with the Lord?  I'm not talking about yelling and screaming at the top of your lungs;  I'm talking about a man to man talk with God.  Sharing with Him how you feel and what you are battling and dealing with in your life. David wanted to know how long the Lord would forget him.  He wanted to know how long before he saw God's face. He want to know how long he had to take counsel and have sorrow in his heart each day.  Those same questions may be in you today.  Well, let me encourage you today, I don't know how long it will be before He comes to you, but one thing is for sure, He won't allow more to be placed upon you than you can bear, and He will be right on time to make you free.

Sing:  You can ask the children of Israel, trapped at the Red Sea, by that mean old Pharaoh, and his army. The water all around them, and Pharaoh at their back, from out of nowhere, God stepped in, and made a highway just like that.

Chorus: He's an on time God, yes He is! He's an on time God, yes He is! He may not come when you want Him, but He'll be there, right on time; I tell you, He's an on time God, yes He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment