Monday, June 5, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 5 June 2023

What’s Hindering Your Rest?

“Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.” (Jeremiah 6:16)

Today’s Morsel: Sometimes in conversation, I hear folks saying that they don’t rest well at night and that they have trouble sleeping. Why can’t people rest? What is hindering them from getting the rest that they need? Some professionals attribute it to too much caffeine. Others, to too much stress, fear, and uncertainty of life. While others say poor dieting and the environment where they live. Are these really the hindrances to rest? The Lord told Jeremiah: Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. God says that the hindrance to rest is that people won’t ask for the old path, the good way, and walk therein. I find that it is a shame when God gives us the answers to our problems, tells us how to fix it, and then folks refuse to listen and do it. And some of those same folks will say that God doesn’t hear and answer their prayers. You know, I have concluded that we may not be seeing our prayers answered, not because God isn’t listening or is delaying in answering, it may be because we aren’t reading His Word and accepting the answers that He’s already given us for fixing the problem. “It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.” (Psalms 127:2). Listen carefully, He may have already given you the answers you are seeking for.  

Sing: I’ve got peace like a river, I’ve got peace like a river, I’ve got peace like a river in my soul. I’ve got peace like a river, I’ve got peace live a river, I’ve got peace like a river in my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment