Saturday, June 24, 2023

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 24 June 2023

The Keys to Living

“Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.” (Proverbs 7:2)

Today’s Morsel: Would you say that you are living or just existing? Some folks live their entire life trying to earn enough money to be able to retire and enjoy life. But I hate to tell them, the system is rigged. Most folks by the time they reach 65 or 70 to where they can retire, they are so worn that they don’t have the strength or energy to even enjoy retirement.  I don’t want to discourage you, but life isn’t always about a paycheck and money. Money is for existing; life is about Christ. Jesus said: “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10). You can’t keep saying that you are a Christian and then keep letting Satan keep making you a slave. Solomon says, “There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God.” (Ecclesiastes 2:24) Let me share with you some keys to living:

  1. Love God and His Word: “If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.” (1 Corinthians 16:22)
  2. Keep your eyes on the prize: “Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.” (2 Timothy 4:8)
  3. Keep yourself in the Love of God: “But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.” (Jude 1:20-21)
  4. Don’t conform to this world and its ways: “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” (Romans 12:2)
  5. Rejoice in the Lord always: “Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:4-7)

It will be the living according to Isaiah that will praise him: “The living, the living, he shall praise thee, as I do this day: the father to the children shall make known thy truth.” (Isaiah 38:19) Are you living or just existing?

Sing: I’m going to praise the Lord anyway that I can. I’m going to praise the Lord anyway that I can. I’m gonna praise Him in the morning, praise Him all day long, I’m going to praise the Lord anyway that I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment