Friday, April 3, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 3 April 2020


Discontentment

Let brotherly love continue. Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body. Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.(Hebrews 13:1-5)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things that the enemy of our soul likes to do is to cause us to become discontent with who we are and what we have.  Television ads, magazines, billboards, and many other periodicals are pushed on us to get more or to change what we have. Cosmetic companies tell women and men that they are getting old and ugly and that their products will make them look younger again and prettier or more handsome (my wording).  Companies play on one’s conscience of discontentment.  There is a strong push and pull on the conscience for you to keep up with the Joneses and stay young, to get more, to get the latest and greatest.  Satan and his demonic forces are doing everything in their power to keep us discontented.  But Paul admonishes us, “Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”  Jesus says that He already knows the things that we have need of.  Therefore, He tells us to seek first the Kingdom of God and what we have need of will be added to us.  The grass may look greener on the other side, but it still has to be mowed.

Sing:  I lean on You Lord, I lean on You Lord, for the things that I need I lean on You.  When I don’t know just what to do, I’ve got the faith You’re going to see me through.  You supply my every need and I lean on You.

Thought For Today: “The grass may look greener on the other side, but it still has to be mowed. “

No comments:

Post a Comment