Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 14 April 2020


The Value of Love
“Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.” (1 Corinthians 13:1-8)

Today’s Morsel:  I think one of the missing lessons in the home is the discussion of the word ‘Love’ and it’s meaning.  I learned what it meant too late in life, but now I try my very best to value it and use it in the right way.  Love is more than just liking someone.  It is more than being attracted to someone.  Before we say, “I do,” I think it would be wise to really understand the meaning of love.  Paul says of love that it is patient, and it is kind; love does not envy; love doesn’t brag on itself, love is not prideful, and it does not behave itself rudely, love doesn’t seek to always have its way, love is not easily provoked, it doesn’t think evil; it doesn’t love sin and wrong, but love gets excited about the truth; love can endure all things, it believes in others, love has faith in others, and it can keep going under harsh circumstances and conditions.  Love never fails you or others.  John says that God is love (1 John 4:8).  The value we place on God will be the value that we place on each other.

Sing: I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus love me, Jesus loves me.  I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves even me.

Thought For Today: “The value we place on God, will be the value that we place on each other” (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment