Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 29 April 2020


Marriage Success
“And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. “ (Genesis 2:21-24)

Today’s Morsel:  I’m afraid that one of the reasons so many marriages are failing today is because the couples never become one.  They have their own banking accounts.  They say this is my car and that one is his. That’s his dog or her cat.  That’s his closet and this one is mine.  They put a hyphen between their last names. For example (Jones-Smith).  They never become one as the Bible tells them to.  The key to marriage success is unity.  Becoming one.  If you remove the letter “I” from the word unity, it says un-ty.   Men ought to love their wives as their own bodies.  He that loveth his wife loveth himself … And for this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh” (Emphasis mine), Ephesians 5:28, 30-31.  And the wife should submit herself unto her own husbands, as unto the Lord.  For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Ephesians 5:22-23  Therefore, success in marriage is more than finding the right person.  It is becoming the right person.

Sing:  I love you, I love you, I love you, what more can I say, but that I truly love you.  And I'll try to live my life so that it says it too.  I love you, I love you, I truly love you.

Thought For Today:  Success in marriage is more than finding the right person. It is becoming the right person.

No comments:

Post a Comment