Monday, April 20, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 20 April 2020


Your Good Name
“A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.” (Ecclesiastes 7:1)

Today’s Morsel:  I once wanted to strike up a conversation with this guy, and to play a little humor on him.  And so I said to him, “Hey, don’t I know you from somewhere?”  He said, “No! I don’t think so.”  I said, “Didn’t I see your picture on the Post office wall?” and we both started to laugh.  And glad for him I was just kidding.   It doesn’t take much to destroy your good name.  Get arrested by the police for wrongdoing, and your good name is destroyed.  Act foolish in public and in the presence of others, and your good name is destroyed.  Lie, cheat, or steal, and your good name is destroyed.  Solomon says that it is better to die with a good name than to live with a bad one.  It is better to be recognized as a child of God than a child of the devil.  
What are you doing to maintain your good name?  What are people saying about you?  If you take Jesus' name in vain, others will surely take yours, too.

Sing:  His Name is wonderful!  His Name is wonderful!  His Name is wonderful!  Jesus my Lord.  He is the Mighty King.  Master of everything.  His Name is wonderful! Jesus my Lord.

Thought For Today:  It’s better to die with a good name than to live with a bad one.

No comments:

Post a Comment