Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 15 April 2020


A Good Conscience

And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.(Acts 24:16)

Today’s Morsel:  There is nothing like having a clear conscience.  Some folks have troubled minds because they worry about everything, and they wonder why they have no rest.  Paul states, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.(Philippians 4:6-7)  And Isaiah states, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.(Isaiah 26:3)  The secret to maintaining a good conscience is to keep our minds on Jesus Christ.  Our conscience is God’s built-in warning system.  There are two ways we can test to see if it is working.  One is when it condemns us for wrongs, and the other is when it doesn’t.  We should be very happy when it does and we should be worried if it doesn’t.   Is your conscience working today?

Sing:  Peace of God, cover me, cover me, cover me.  Peace of God, cover me; through the Storm, cover me.

Thought For Today: Our conscience is God’s built-in warning system.

No comments:

Post a Comment