Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 26 November 2019


Remove The Cause

Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.(Proverbs 26:20)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things that I’ve learned in life about getting rid of things that annoy you or pester you is to remove them.  For example, if there are rats and mice, things aren’t being kept clean.  If you are having a lot of ants in your home, something is being left out that is drawing their attention.  The same holds true with flies, roaches, and bugs.  The same holds true with those people that reward you no good.  If you remove the cause, it will cease or be greatly diminished. Solomon states, “Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.” Everything needs a source to keep it going.  Firefighters first objective is to remove the source.  That’s why they get ahead of the fire to cut a path to keep it away from other trees and shrubs.  If they get rid of the source the fire ceases.  Solomon said that if you remove a gossiper the strife (the discord, discord, fighting) will cease. If there is wrong in your life, determine the source and remove it.  Let me encourage you today, search your life to make sure you are not the cause of what is troubling you and causing your pain.  Remember, Jesus is a God of peace.

Sing: I’ve got a made-up mind, I’ve got a final destination, I’m gonna keep on pressing on, to my final destination.  I’m gonna burn all the bridges behind me, break all the ties that bind me; gonna keep on pressing on, till I reach my home sweet home, that New Jerusalem.

Thought For Today: Remove the source and you won’t have the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment