Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 19 November 2019


The Word

Also king Solomon, and all the congregation of Israel that were assembled unto him before the ark, sacrificed sheep and oxen, which could not be told nor numbered for multitude. And the priests brought in the ark of the covenant of the LORD unto his place, to the oracle of the house, into the most holy place, even under the wings of the cherubims: For the cherubims spread forth their wings over the place of the ark, and the cherubims covered the ark and the staves thereof above. And they drew out the staves of the ark, that the ends of the staves were seen from the ark before the oracle; but they were not seen without. And there it is unto this day. There was nothing in the ark save the two tables which Moses put therein at Horeb, when the LORD made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of Egypt.(2 Chronicles 5:6-10)

Today’s Morsel:  I have heard of many robberies and home break-ins and those thieves seem to make off with many things that they think are valuable and leave behind the things that are truly valuable, the Word of God.  Solomon wrote, “ For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.(Proverbs 8:11)  When Solomon dedicated the temple, and had the priest bring in the Ark of The Covenant, there was nothing inside but the two tables which Moses put therein at Horeb when the LORD made a covenant with the children of Israel when they came out of Egypt.   Somewhere, someone removed the pot of manna and Aaron's Rod that budded.  Since anyone who touch the ark died, we can assume that God Himself removed those items.  Some may ask why He would remove them when they were to be a memorial for the people.  The reason is God Himself is the Word (John 1:1); He is the bread of life (John 6:35); and He is the Resurrection and the life (John 11:25).  So when you have the Word, Jesus Christ, God manifested in flesh, you have all that you will ever need.

Sing:  He’s all I need, He’s all I need, Jesus is all I need.  He’s all I need, He’s all I need, Jesus is all I need.
He satisfies my needs my needs supply; Jesus is all I need.  He satisfies, my needs supply; Jesus is all I need.

Thought For Today:Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.(Matthew 24:35)

No comments:

Post a Comment