Saturday, November 23, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 23 November 2019


Your Turn
For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.(Job 3:25-26)

Today’s Morsel:  I can remember my days in the army when I would have to give unpleasant news to my soldiers of the death of their loved ones.  These were not easy times for them or me, as we were a team.  I anticipated that it would one day be my turn, and so I began to prepare myself for when it may happen.  And even today, I have prepared myself should unwanted news come my way.  We hear of others' tragic dilemmas, but are we prepared and ready for them ourselves?  What would you do if it hit close to your home?  How will we react?  Are we prepared for it? Have you prepared others for it?  Have you made plans? Do you even talk about it?  Job said that the thing which he greatly feared had come upon him.  Job was ready and he said, Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.(Job 13:15); “But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold.(Job 23:10) Now is the time to build up yourself on your most holy faith so that when unpleasant news comes your way you too can say as Job said, “ Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.(Job 1:21)  Preparing for it now can reduce a lot of hardships and stress later.

Sing: Blessed be the name of the Lord, for He is worthy to be praised and adored, so we lift up holy hands in one accord, singing blessed be the name, blessed be the name, blessed be the name of the Lord.

Thought For Today:Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.(Luke 12:40)

No comments:

Post a Comment