Thursday, November 21, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 21 November 2019


The Joy of The Lord is My Strength

Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.(Nehemiah 8:10)

Today’s Morsel: Sometimes I feel that many in the church do not understand where their strength comes from.  Why do I make this assessment?  Because I hear them during testimony time say, “Pray my strength in the Lord.” Or they say, “Pray that I will have the strength to deal with what I’m going through.” Nehemiah wrote that the joy of the Lord is our strength. And Isiah wrote, “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.(Isaiah 12:2)  If we are told that at the mouth of two or three witnesses to let every word be established, why aren’t we all overflowing with strength?  Oh, I know, we have done like Israel and hung our harps on the willow.  We don’t want to sing the old songs of Zion (Psalms 137:1-3).  Your strength is in the Lord and it’s drawn from Him by our praise and worship.

Sing:  He gives strength to me, as I worship Him; As my heart is filled with praise.  Jesus breaks the bands, as I raise my hands, He gives glorious victory.

Thought For Today: Don’t you hang your harp on the willow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment