Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 13 November 2019


Giants Keep On Coming

Moreover the Philistines had yet war again with Israel; and David went down, and his servants with him, and fought against the Philistines: and David waxed faint. And Ishbibenob, which was of the sons of the giant, the weight of whose spear weighed three hundred shekels of brass in weight, he being girded with a new sword, thought to have slain David. But Abishai the son of Zeruiah succoured him, and smote the Philistine, and killed him. Then the men of David sware unto him, saying, Thou shalt go no more out with us to battle, that thou quench not the light of Israel.
(2 Samuel 21:15-17)

Today’s Morsel:  When the spies that Moses sent to espy the promise land returned, they told him that there were giants in the land, and that they were as grasshoppers in their sight (see Numbers 13:33).  Years later, King David would kill Goliath, the Philistine's champion, and all the thought giants would be done away with.  But in David’s later years, he is almost killed by Ishbibenob a giant, which some think may have been the son of Goliath.  Maybe you have faced many giant problems or situations and you thought you had defeated them only to find out that some similar ones resurfaced and almost destroyed your faith and trust in God.  Giant problems and situations will keep coming after you to destroy you and your trust in God while you remain on this earth.  You must stay alert and not allow yourself to be overcome by them.  Jesus has your back, you pay attention to your front.

Sing: Lately I’ve been winning battles left and right, but even winners can get wounded in the fight.  People say that I’m amazing, strong beyond my years; but they don’t see inside of me, I’m hiding all the tears. 

They don’t know, that I go running home when I fall down. They don’t know who picks me up when no one is around.  I drop my sword and cry for just awhile, because deep inside this armor, the warrior is a child.
 I'm unafraid because his armor is the best, but even soldiers need a quiet place to rest, people say that I’m amazing, never face retreat, but they don’t see the enemies that lay me at his feet.
They don’t know, that I go running home when I fall down. They don’t know who picks me up when no one is around.  I drop my sword and cry for just awhile, because deep inside this armor, the warrior is a child.

Thought For Today: Stay alert.

No comments:

Post a Comment