Thursday, June 22, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 June 22

"And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4).

Today’s Morsel:  My heart is often heavy when I see the massive rebellion of children these days.  About a year ago, many were up in arms about the mother who was seen on the media chasing her son for being out in a riot formation. It went viral because she was being somewhat heavy handed with him.  But to me, it showed a mother’s well-being and concern for her child's health and safety.  Solomon said that we should “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6).  What way do you want your child to go?  Whatever way you desire to point them in, you must be willing to spend quality time, love, and help to keep them on that path.  It does no good to aim a child in a direction and then you aren’t willing to follow-up and show them concern if they stray from the path you have placed them on.  If you point them in a way, then you must be willing to walk with them in that way.

Sing:  Show me Thy way, Lord teach me Thy path, show me Thy way, Lord teach me Thy path; O’ my God, I trust in Thee, let me not be ashamed, let not my enemy triumph over me.

Thought For Today:  The twig grows in the way it is bent!

No comments:

Post a Comment