Monday, June 19, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 June 19

“Wealth maketh many friends; but the poor is separated from his neighbor”   (Proverbs 19:4).

Today’s Morsel: I often hear young people say that they wish they were rich.  What is it about wealth that has so many people wanting it?  Is this one of Satan’s ploys to pull people to his side?  Is it because people think that if they have wealth they will have many friends?  We should never classify a person’s friendship based on what we have or do not have.  Friendship should be based on a person’s character.  Is this why they say that most people can count their true friends on one hand, because people don’t have or understand the value of character?   You may think that wealth will get you many friends, but when you really need them they will be like a broken tooth and a foot out of joint, it will be painful because they won't be there for you.  Base your values and friendship on character, not on temporal wealth and riches.

Sing: I, I have a friend, his name is Jesus, Jesus.  I, I have a friend, His name is Jesus, Jesus.  He’s a rock that I lean on, He’s my shelter from every storm.  I, I have a friend, His name is Jesus. 

Thought For Today:  A friend loveth at all times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment