Saturday, June 10, 2017

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2017 June 10

“And David called for Zadok and Abiathar the priests, and for the Levites, for Uriel, Asaiah, and Joel, Shemaiah, and Eliel, and Amminadab, And said unto them, Ye are the chief of the fathers of the Levites: sanctify yourselves, both ye and your brethren, that ye may bring up the ark of the LORD God of Israel unto the place that I have prepared for it. For because ye did it not at the first, the LORD our God made a breach upon us, for that we sought him not after the due order. So the priests and the Levites sanctified themselves to bring up the ark of the LORD God of Israel. And the children of the Levites bare the ark of God upon their shoulders with the staves thereon, as Moses commanded according to the word of the LORD” (1 Chronicles 15:11-15).

Today’s Morsel:  The first time  David tried to bring the Ark of the Covenant back, they tried to do it their own way by placing it on a cart, and it cost Uzza his life.  The command from God was that the Levites were to bear the Ark on their shoulders.  It was not to be carried on a cart. Realizing his error and the error of the Levites and Priest, David summons them again, and gives them instructions to get it right this next time (as we read in our opening scripture).  I wonder how many people are dying because churches are doing it their way and not God’s way?  “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9).  We must always seek Him to ensure that we are doing it right so others don’t lose their lives.

Sing: He said if I be lifted up, He said if I be lifted up, He said if I be lifted up; I will draw, I will draw, all men unto me.

Thought For Today:  Always inquire of the Lord (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment