Saturday, August 27, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 August 27

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. (Psalms 63:1-4)

Today’s Morsel:  God’s loving-kindness is of more value than life; it is to be more desired than life itself.  It is more desired than gold.  Life is the most valued and valuable thing pertaining to this world which we can possess.  As Satan told God, “And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life” (Job 2:4).  But, above this, David valued the favor and friendship of God.  If one or the other was to be sacrificed, he preferred that it should be his life; he would be willing to exchange his life for the favor of God.  Life was not desirable, life furnished no comforts, no joys, without God’s divine favor.  What would life be with the love and favor of the Lord? What would it be if we were banished from Him?  David saw God’s favor and mercy to be better than his life.  What about you?  Can you imagine life without Him?

Sing:  Thy loving-kindness is better than life!  Thy loving-kindness is better than life!  My lips shall praise Thee, yet will I bless Thee.  I will lift up my hands unto Thy name.

Thought For Today:  Life is nothing without Christ (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment