Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 August 10

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matthew 6:19-21)

Today’s Morsel:  Every so often, I get a statement from my bank of how much interest I’ve earned on my savings.  Sometimes my insurance company will send me a dividend check for the interest that I’ve earned on my policy.  I often wonder what my heavenly bank account interest is as I sometimes will receive a check or money that I was not expecting.  I say to myself, “Well I must be doing okay.”  I can remember one time our church in Okinawa was in need of some repairs and the church funds were low.  So I prayed and asked the Lord to sell some of my cattle on a thousand hills.  And there was a check placed in the offering plate for a large amount shortly thereafter.  How much do you have laid up in your account in heaven?  Your heart will always be where your treasure is.  So let me encourage you, invest in God’s kingdom and you’ll never have to worry about being broke or without.

Sing: Take this offering that I bring, humbly I fall on my knees, to proclaim You're everything.   My life’s nothing without You, take my hand and lead me through, You are my sustaining love. I live to worship You.

Thought For Today:  Heaven's bank will never fold or run dry (Parker). 

No comments:

Post a Comment