Saturday, August 13, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 August 13

My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer. (Psalms 45:1)

Today’s Morsel:  As an author, I try to write so that people will be encouraged by what they are reading.  I want them to gain wisdom and insight into the word of God and what God has to say so they grow spiritually, mentally, and in His grace.  The Psalmist said that his tongue is the pen of a ready writer.  In other words, he is saying,  In speaking of Christ, let my tongue be as the pen of a rapid writer.  That is, let my tongue rapidly and freely express my thoughts and feelings about Him.  Peter encourages us, “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear” (1 Peter 3:15).  When you speak, do you speak as the oracles of God?

Sing:  Say the name, of Jesus.  Say the name, so precious.  No other name I know, that can calm my fears, and dry my tears, and wipe away my pain; when you don’t know what to say, just say The Name.

Thought For Today: Words spoken from a pure heart, from pure lips, can change a life (Parker).

No comments:

Post a Comment