Saturday, August 20, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 August 20

For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me. I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came. (Job 3:25-26)

Today’s Morsel:  I’m sure like me, that when most of you go to the doctor for your annual checkup, you anticipate what negative things they are going to say about your health.  Many today seem to fear hearing them say that you have some kind of disease.  Some people's blood pressure rises because they fear what will be said.  Job had heard of sickness, loss of life and material possessions of others.  He had heard how bad thing had happened to other people.  According to scripture, he had even been a comforter to many others.  But today's passage shows us that Job even feared this day for himself.  Because none of us is exempt from trouble, what provisions are you making to ensure you remain strong in the faith and peace-filled when you receive unwanted news?  Are you like Job and praying ahead so you are prepared when you face unwanted situations?  Layup treasures now, so you have security in place.  

Sing:  I go to the Rock of my salvation, I go to the stone that the builders rejected, I go to the mountain and the mountain stands by me, when earth all around me is sinking sand, on Christ the Solid Rock I stand, when I need a shelter, when I need a friend, I go to the Rock.

Thought For Today: The anchor holds in spite of the storm. 

2 comments: