Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 February 9

Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. (Matthew 18:21-22)

Today’s Morsel:  One of the things about forgiveness is that it must be a continual and ongoing process in your life. The very moment that you are not willing to forgive, the devil has your number and will use it against you for your destruction and his pleasure.  I believe the reason that Jesus wants us to continue to forgive is because sometimes when people offend us they may not even know that they have.  I may say something in my preaching and teaching that you do not like.  You can be offended by it and avoid me or think evil of me.  And I may never know that you were offended unless you come to me and tell me.  It is only then that I can ask for your forgiveness.  When Peter asked Jesus should he forgive his brother seven times if he offended him, Jesus said no, seven times seventy.  The point is not the number of times, but being willing to continually forgive the other person.   Forgiveness actually heals you, not the recipient.

Sing:  Jesus I’ll never forget what You’ve done for me. Jesus I’ll never forget how You set me free.  Jesus I’ll never forget how You brought me out, Jesus I’ll never forget no never.

Thought For Today: “Forgiveness heals you, not the recipient” (Parker)

No comments:

Post a Comment