Thursday, February 4, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 February 4

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth; I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
(Revelation 3:7-13).

Today’s Morsel:  Heaven is going to be one exciting place for those who make it.  And I, for one, am doing everything in my life to ensure that I make it.  The Lord said that to them that overcome, He would make as a pillar in the temple of God, He would write upon him the name of God, and the name of the city of God, which is New Jerusalem. But notice, then He says, I will write upon him my new name.  What is that new name?  Paul said, “For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named” (Ephesians 3:14-15).  Peter said in Acts 4:10-12, “Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."   John said, “And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads” (Revelation 22:4).  And the Lord told Moses, “I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them” (Exodus 6:2-3).  How well do you know the name of Jesus?

Sing:  For there’s a new name written down in glory, and its mine, oh yes, it mine.  And the white robed angels tell the story, a sinner has come home. For there’s a new name written down in glory and its mine, oh yes it mine, with my sins forgiven I am bound for heaven, never more to roam.

Thought For Today:  Will you receive that new name there?

No comments:

Post a Comment