Monday, February 29, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 February 29

And Moses said unto Aaron, Take a pot, and put an omer full of manna therein, and lay it up before the LORD, to be kept for your generations. As the LORD commanded Moses, so Aaron laid it up before the Testimony, to be kept. And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan. (Exodus 16:33-35).

Today’s Morsel: Sometimes, when relating my childhood to people​,​ they seem shocked.  Especially when I tell them that sometime​s​ we ate the same thing each day because it was all that we had. I can remember many morning eating just Grandma's Molasses and supping it with a biscuit.  And ​then ​carrying molasses biscuits to school for lunch, because ​that was ​what we had.  But I am thankful that we had that to eat​,​  as some folks had nothing. ​ I don't think it hurt me any, I think I turned out okay.  The children of Israel ate manna for 40 years until they came into the ​Promise​d​ ​Land.  Even though they complained, it still sustained them.  ​ ​
You see​,​ the manna represented for them the Bread of Life, Jesus Christ.  It was God’s way of saying to them, I am what sustains you.   Moses told them in Deuteronomy ​chapter ​8, that God fed them with manna so that they would know that man does not live by bread only but by every word that proceed​s​ out of the mouth of God.  Many of the children of Israel died because they complained about what God was giving them to eat.  Even though it was the same menu, it was fresh each day.  The Word of God was given thousands of years ago, but ​today it is 
still fresh every ​morning and it will sustain you until you cross into the promised​ land.   And ​there you can eat milk and honey.

Sing:  Here’s my cup Lord, I lift it up Lord, come and quench this thirsting of my soul.  Bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more, here’s my cup, fill it up, and make me whole.


Thought F​or Today:  ​Jesus is still the Bread of Life (John 6:35)

No comments:

Post a Comment