Thursday, February 25, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 February 25

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
(Hosea 4:6)

Today’s Morsel: The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB) was a U.S. Act of Congress which reauthorized the Elementary and Secondary Education Act; it included Title I provisions applying to disadvantaged students. On December 10, 2015 President Barack Obama signed legislation replacing NCLB with the Every Student Succeeds Act.  But what I find is, because the Bible has been taken out of public schools, and since there is no mention of it in many homes, many children are still being left behind. Secular education without Biblical knowledge is a system of failure.  One can have all the degrees in the world, but if he has no character, he’s a failure. The Lord said through the Prophet Hosea that His people were destroyed for a lack of knowledge.  They had rejected knowledge.  Solomon said that "the fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction” (Proverbs 1:7). Are you destroying yourself and children?  Do you need some Bread?  Are you aware that Bible Reading Enriches Any Day?  Better eat your Manna daily.

Sing:  Tell me the story of Jesus, write on my heart every word.  Tell me the story more precious, sweeter than ever was heard.

Thought For Today: Bible Reading Enriches Any Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment