Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 February 3

And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
(Isaiah 12:1-3)

Today’s Morsel:  When is the last time you got really excited about Jesus?  When I see people are who depressed and despondent, I often think to myself, "Why don’t they just praise the Lord and allow Him to restore their joy?"  Peter said that the Holy Ghost is the refreshing.  If the Gospel is the good news, and a good report makes the bones fat, and it is with joy that we can draw waters out of the springs of salvation, shouldn’t we always be refreshed and flourishing?  Let me encourage you today, keep joy in your heart by praising and rejoicing in the Lord and depression can’t get in.

Sing:  I get joy, joy, joy when I think about the Lord, when I’m standing in His presence I say give me more and more; Well it starts in my hands and it moves down to my feet, I’ve got the joy, joy, joy all over me.

Thought For Today:  Joy is your pump primer (Parker). 

1 comment: