Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Morning Manna by Rufus Parker - 2016 February 17

Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? (Galatians 5:7)

Today’s Morsel:  Like any other sport, running track has rules and regulations that you must obey or you can be disqualified and lose the race.  In track, you must stay in your lane. You cannot trip another runner if they are ahead of you or trying to pass you.  You cannot leave the starting blocks before the sound to go is given.  You cannot use illegal drugs.  According to the apostle Paul, the church at Galatia had violated the rules of the game.  He told them that they had run well, but someone had hindered them in obeying the rules of the game.  He called the rules the truth, God’s word.  If we are not careful, we can disqualify ourselves from winning this race we are running.  Even Jesus tells us to see that no man takes our crown (Revelation 3:11).  The  word of God is the rule book for this race that we are in.  Jesus said, “And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day” (John 12:47-48).  If you stood before Jesus right now, would you be qualified to win or are there rules that would disqualify you?

Sing: Running for my life! I’m running for my life! I’m running for my life, I’m running for my life; If anybody asks you, what’s the matter with me, tell them I'm saved, sanctified, Holy Ghost filled, water baptized, I’ve got Jesus on my mind and I’m running for my life.

Thought For Today: Winning always begins with first knowing the rules, and then obeying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment