Tuesday, May 8, 2012

2012 May 8 - Morning Manna

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. (John 15:1-7).
Today's Morsel: To abide is to remain or stay. Jesus desires that our life be like the fruitful branches of a grapevine. The only way to be fruitful is to remain connected to Him, the vine, and to allow Him to prune us so that we can bear fruit. We must allow Him to cultivate, de-weed, and prune our lives so that we can bring forth spiritual fruit and develop our character. Jesus calls for us to remain and stay in Him. He said that if we would stay and remain in Him, then we can ask what we will, and it shall be done unto us. But sad to say, too many do not want to abide in Him. The writer of Hebrews says, "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame" (Hebrews 6:4-6). So how do we abide in Christ? When we hide His Word in our hearts we are abiding in Him. When we become doers of His word we are abiding in Him. When we tell others about Him, we are abiding in Him. When we attend church so that we can be developed we are abiding in Him. John also tells us, "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him" (1 John 2:27). Are you abiding in Him? Let me encourage you, stay in Christ. He gets sweeter as the days goes by.
Sing: Glory hallelujah! I shall not be moved; anchored in Jehovah, and I shall not be moved, just like a tree planted by the waters, I shall not be move.
I shall not be I shall not be moved, I shall not be, I shall not be moved, just like a tree planted by the waters, I shall not be moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment